Sicim Gas Pipeline works at Sullom Voe
Nortech Marine won a contract to blast and paint the import lines to Total's Shetland Gas Plant.
The work was carried out in very challenging enviromental conditions, starting in November 2011. All plant and machinery could only be taken on site using four wheel drive vehicles as there were no sealed roads and site conditions consisted only of deep mud and a gravel track. Habitats were constructed to shelter the pipeline and workers from wind, rain, snow and low temperatures.
All work was carried out with supervision from Total staff and within all applicable ISO standards.
- Blasting Equipment
- Habitat over import pipes
- Habitat in cathodic protection pit, peat store in background
- Habitat in guttery trench
- Service road along side import pipe
- Sicim pipe welding plant
- Side boom and habitat in trench
- Nortech habitat over import pipes with enviromental peat store behind
- Import pipes