Welding and Fabrication
Nortech Marine has invested heavily in welding machines that can handle all welding procedures, both in the workshop and mobile engine driven site machines.
Our welders have experience in all industries relevant to Shetland, fishing, agriculture, salmon, oil supply, power generation, transportation, building and engineering.
A stock of plate and section is kept for fabrication in steel, aluminium and stainless. Not only can we design, fabricate and build in metal we also have the equipment to blast and coat it as well.
We have a 250 tonne x 4.1mtr Press Brake allowing us to fold all types of plate.
Weld Procedure Accreditation
Nortech Marine have weld procedure accreditation BS EN ISO 15614-1 and ISO 15156.
- Pawel welding bell for fish pump.
- Repairs to Aluminium workboat.
- Repairs to aluminium workboat.
- Billy removing Juna's engine. Start of rebuild.
- Fitting shaft to Shredder.
- Loading ramp for the Lerwick Fish Market.
- Pontoon made for Whiteness. Olek and Pawel.
- Overhead net block.
- A hairy Ian Irvine launching aluminium boat.
- Aluminium workboat. New 300hp Volvo.
- Aluminiun workboat. New engine, new bottom.
- Pawel fitting chute to landing box.
- Ferry linkspan maintenace.
- Gutcher linkspan.
- Olek and Pawel working on ferry linkspan at 3am.